Our comprehensive nutrition program instills healthy eating habits by encouraging balanced nutrition and physical activity in early childhood. Through our program your child will reach their full potential and avoid chronic diseases later in life caused by poor eating habits.
Youthland works in partnership with industry leaders to integrate the Let’s Move! childcare standards.
Our Live Well program includes the following goals:
- Physical activity: 1-2 hours every day, including outside play.
- Limited screen time: At Youthland your child will have no more than 30 minutes weekly. We suggest a maximum of 1-2 hours/day of quality screen time. None for children two and younger.
- Food: Fruits and vegetables at least twice per day, avoiding fried foods and encouraging fresh methods and lean proteins.
- Beverages: Water, always. No sugar-sweetened drinks. For ages two+ low or non-fat milk and a maximum of 6 ounces of 100% juice per day.
- Infant Feeding: We support your decisions. If you are breastfeeding, you can provide milk. Or if you choose, you are welcome to breastfeed during school time.
In the U.S. the risk of childhood obesity and chronic diseases are tied to poor food choices and lack of physical activity. Studies show that one in five children is overweight or obese by age six.
We provide a wide variety of options for your child and encourage them to try new foods. You are welcome to try them too! Just ask your school’s director.