New Parents Guide
We know that starting at a new school may not be easy for your little one. Your child’s first day may be filled with excitement or they may be anxious about the unknown. At Youthland we focus on making the transition an easy one for you both you and your child. To make sure that the transition goes as smoothly as possible, here are a few tips to help you along the way.
- Safety is No. 1: On your first day of school (or before), you will receive check in instructions/codes for entering our secure facility.
- Getting to know us: Be sure to make an appointment to tour your child’s school and classroom and get a feel for the daily routine. This is also a good time to talk to your child’s teacher and the center director and ask questions.
- Up to date: On the first day you will receive email updates about how your child is doing, plus a few photos. After that you will receive regular updates and progress reports that will keep you involved in your child’s experience with us.
Here are a few more things to remember when you are on your way to school:
- Please make sure your child is dressed in comfortable, washable, weather-appropriate clothes. Our day can get pretty active and we want to make sure your child is safe and able to participate. (No open-toed shoes, sandals or flip-flops allowed.)
- If your child will be taking a nap with us, a small blanket is appropriate. Please no plush animals or toys.
- For infants, a favorite toy or a picture of Mom and Dad helps to make the transition smoother.
- For all kids, please make sure to provide us with one change of clothes. Accidents happen and we want your child to be as comfortable as possible. (Make sure you write your child’s first and last name with permanent marker on all clothing and personal items.)